New Blog Design

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1 week down!!

One week down, seven more to go!! This week has been quite a roller coaster ride! I received my official 2 minute phone call from Jason last Wednesday around 645 pm. I truly believe that it when it really sank in that I would no longer have as much contact with him as I usually do. What really gets me is not receiving a "Good Morning Beautiful" text and knowing I won't be getting it.
To top everything my sinuses thought it would be fun to just go ahead and get infected. Gotta love that pollen!! I've been put on antibiotics and am feeling significantly better (I even plan on going to the gym this afternoon).
Mom left for New Orleans yesterday and last night was my first official night alone. I must say it was absolutely awful. Last night was definitely by far one of my worst nights. I took a Sudafed night time and passed out into a deep sleep. It is funny when I get up to look at the bed. My side is completely messed up and Jason's looks like it hasn't even been touched (the dogs however are loving this new space!). I still get ready with the bathroom door closed and the bedroom lights off out of habit to not disturb Jason. I find it so  funny how these habits are still going on even though he is not here.
Even though it has been a rough week, Monday was by far my best day. After going to the doctor and feeling like complete poo all day, I came home with so many things in my arms. Walked up the stairs to our apartment and saw a FedEx post on the door. I had received a package (I was only expecting one package...Jason's belongings!). I immediately dropped everything and just sprinted to the office!! I almost broke down after getting the box. I came inside (of course I had to let the dogs out...longest 2 min of my life) and as soon as we got back inside I tore open that box like it was Christmas morning. Unfortunately there was no letter like I had hoped but I couldn't ask for anything more than to just have his clothes. I obviously slept in them that night. I miss him so much but I know he is safe and working hard for our family and our great nation.

Thank you all for your constant love and support,

A

1 comment: