New Blog Design

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On hold....

Hey there everyone,

So sorry for my lack of enthusiasm towards the blog. This has, without a doubt, been some of the hardest weeks I have had and even though I thought we only had 3 weeks left I was horribly mistaken.

I haven't been away from my phone in weeks and decided to take an exercise class with my girlfriend, Amy. After realizing how full the class was I opted to put my phone underneath the aerobics step so I didn't risk stepping on it...about 20 minutes into the class I had this gut feeling...right as I picked up my phone I saw Jason's missed call...I truly believe this is a sign from the heavens that working out is not a good idea for me (see? I can find humor in all situations.). I listened to his voicemail and found out that he had been put on hold due to an injury. He has a stress fracture in his right tibia (shin for you non anatomy majors) and will not be graduating June 3 as expected. He will be in the rehabilitation facility until he is healed (praying for no more than 3-4 weeks) and once he is recovered he will still have to endure another month of basic training.
Although this set back is disappointing, one good point is that he is now receiving one 45 (!!!!!! yes!!! 45!!!) min phone call on the weekends (this is awesome seeing as I have received one 14 min phone call and one 54 second phone call in the whole 5 weeks he has been gone). Basically the best and quickest 45 minutes of my week.
He is keeping in high spirits and the letters really help. His address has changed so if you would like to have it please email me on here or message me on Facebook.

Thank you all so much for your love and support,

A

1 comment:

  1. So sorry, Amanda. Praying for you and Jason. You guys are so strong!!

    ReplyDelete